Small Business Marketing Intern
Thomas Companies of Evansville is offering a unique and exciting opportunity for a Junior or Senior student who is focusing on Marketing and/or Business Development. You will be helping to develop and implement a full marketing strategy for two distinct small businesses headquartered in Evansville, IN - one is an established company in the swimming pool service & retail industry, and the other is a start-up in the small business coaching/consulting field.
You will gain real-world experience, working directly with the owners of the companies on developing an actual marketing & sales program for their two main businesses. You will also have input and gain experience on all aspects of running a small business.
- Develop a full marketing strategy and plan for two distinct businesses.
- Create signage, newsletters, email campaigns, online promotions, etc.
- Provide support to social media efforts to target new audiences.
- Assist with trade shows and special events to promote company and increase attendance.
- Research and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials.
- Collaborate on team presentations for management and clients.
- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Collaborates with internal departments on projects and assignments
- Assists with social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community.
- Update and maintain company websites.
- Coursework in Marketing and Sales
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Possess creativity, flexibility, variety, and growth potential.
- Should be open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable.
- College Junior or Senior looking to gain real-world experience in marketing, sales, business and/or advertising in the small business environment.
- 15-20 hours per week (sometimes more) for approximately 3-4 months. Start and end dates are flexible.
To apply, please click here and complete the information.